FOR A soup and salad supper, a picnic or a buffet, this recipe can be modified to serve any number. I often make it for just the two of us, and it works well. Tasty and colorful, it's a welcome addition to any meal. -Sylvia Ford, Kennett, Missouri
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, celery and green pepper. In another bowl, combine oil, mayonnaise, mustard, hot pepper sauce and salt; pour over vegetables and toss. Cover and chill for several hours. Stir before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Slaw for Two in Reminisce July/August 1996, p45
Reviews for Slaw for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review