The spirited crowd we invite to our home to watch college basketball is quick to dig in to this delectable dip. It's a great use of imitation crabmeat, with red pepper and green onions adding color and crunch.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation flaked crabmeat or 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Stir in the crab, onions, red pepper, curry powder and garlic salt. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Slam Dunk Crab Dip in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p37
Reviews for Slam Dunk Crab Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2014
"My seafood loving family enjoyed this dip. I used the imitation crab, so it made for a tasty affordable seafood dish."
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2009
"Very Good! My family loved it. I will make it again."