Sky-High Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 3 quarts fresh strawberries, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1 deep-dish pastry shell (10 inches), baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a large bowl, mash enough berries to equal 3 cups. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in mashed berries and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; add food coloring if desired. Pour into a large bowl. Chill for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is just slightly warm. Fold in the remaining berries. Pile into pastry shell. Chill for 2-3 hours.
- In a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Sprinkle dry pudding mix over cream and whip until stiff. Pipe around edge of pie or dollop on individual slices. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sky-High Strawberry Pie(6)
Sort By :
I may have done something wrong but it did not set up right for me, very runny...suggestions welcome :O) HOWEVER, I have made this whipped cream for other desserts and always get a standing O...LOVE IT! and Love how easy it is to "whip" up!
I made this for a gathering about 5 years ago and I STILL have some of the other guests commenting on how good it was! One of my family's faves. A definite keeper. This is why God created strawberries!!!
This pie is a family favorite and I've been making it for years. It has such a bright, fresh strawberry taste.
I got this recipe years ago, when i got my first taste of home (around 1998) I love it! Its been a family favorite, and what got us hooked onto taste of home! It really is the best strawberry pie i have ever had!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Pie Recipes >
- Strawberry Pie >