Sky-High Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until crumble. Combine egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-15 times. Roll out to 1-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sky-High Biscuits(10)
Sort By :
My 5th grade daughter and I used your recipe for her 4-H biscuit contest and she won 1st place. I am so thrilled! Thank you for sharing your recipe! She get to go to county with it now!
My son just made this recipe for our county fair and won reserve champion. He made it several times with just all purpose flour and with the wheat flour and each time the biscuits came out perfect. This is a fool proof recipe!!
Flaky and delicious! I love that the ingredients are always on hand-
Wow, very good!
This is the only biscuit recipe I use. They are so delicious and fall apart. Love them!