- 12 hard-cooked large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely crushed corn chips
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks, reserving whites. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, peppers, mustard, vinegar, paprika, salt and pepper until blended.
- Using a straw, decorate each egg to make a skull with eyes, a nose and a mouth. Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg whites. Place crushed chips in a shallow bowl. Dip each exposed yolk into chips. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Skull Deviled Eggs in Ultimate Halloween 2016, p22
Reviews for Skull Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2016
"These are adorable and perfect for Halloween! I added more mayo than called for in the recipe and only half the vinegar. Served them on a bed of corn chips as shown. Spooky, yummy and fun!! Everyone loved them!"