Skinny Tortilla Soup
"Chock-full of healthy ingredients, this tasty soup makes a warming lunch or dinner," Sharon Adams of Columbus, Ohio suggests. "Plus, it's so quick and easy to fix."
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 28 tortilla chips, divided
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1 cup
- cheese; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Crumble half of
- the tortilla chips into soup bowls. Ladle soup over chips. Top each
- serving with two crumbled chips; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 290 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 987 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a