"Chock-full of healthy ingredients, this tasty soup makes a warming lunch or dinner," Sharon Adams of Columbus, Ohio suggests. "Plus, it's so quick and easy to fix."
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 28 tortilla chips, divided
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1 cup cheese; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Crumble half of the tortilla chips into soup bowls. Ladle soup over chips. Top each serving with two crumbled chips; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Skinny Tortilla Soup in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p61
Reviews for Skinny Tortilla Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review