- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 28 tortilla chips, divided
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1 cup cheese; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Crumble half of the tortilla chips into soup bowls. Ladle soup over chips. Top each serving with two crumbled chips; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 7 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Skinny Tortilla Soup
Sort By :
I made this soup tonight even though the temp. was nearly 100º here in Texas. It was super easy to prepare and my husband declared it a keeper. There are lots of possibilities with this recipe but it was delicious just as it reads. Definitely a five star recipe. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.
Excellent soup and very quick and easy. We will make this many many times in the coming months.
This was a good, quick dinner. I love that it comes together so fast. Perfect for a busy family!
My 18 year old son's exact words: Oh Yeah. We all totally loved this soup and will make it over and over again. It is so good and good for you.
This was a great recipe. Highly recommended!