- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 28 tortilla chips, divided
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1 cup cheese; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Crumble half of the tortilla chips into soup bowls. Ladle soup over chips. Top each serving with two crumbled chips; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Skinny Tortilla Soup
Sort By :
"SImply delicious and SO simple to make!! I added a can of mexican diced tomatoes and only put in a small amount of cheese while cooking. For serving, I added a dollop of sour cream, a few tortilla chips and a bit of cheese to the bowls. Loved this, will definitely make again!"
"This is very good. I used it to use up some of my left over turkey! My dad and my boyfriend even liked it. Awesome recipe!!!! I will make it again!"
"Delicious, healthy, and easy to put together? Yes, please!"
"I made this soup tonight even though the temp. was nearly 100º here in Texas. It was super easy to prepare and my husband declared it a keeper. There are lots of possibilities with this recipe but it was delicious just as it reads. Definitely a five star recipe. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"Excellent soup and very quick and easy. We will make this many many times in the coming months."