Skinny Mint-Chip Ice Cream Recipe
No one will ever guess that this smooth and creamy mint treat is light. For the Christmas holidays, it's fun to substitute 2 cups of crushed peppermint candy canes for the chocolate chunks. Nancy Quelle - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- 4 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1. In a large bowl, beat half-and-half and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the condensed milk, extract and food coloring if desired.
- 2. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Coarsely chop chocolate chunks if desired; stir into ice cream. Transfer to freezer containers. Freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
1/2 cup equals 289 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC