Skinny Mint-Chip Ice Cream
No one will ever guess that this smooth and creamy mint treat is light. For the Christmas holidays, it's fun to substitute 2 cups of crushed peppermint candy canes for the chocolate chunks. Nancy Quelle - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 4 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl, beat half-and-half and pudding mix on low speed for
- 2 minutes. Beat in the condensed milk, extract and food coloring if
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions. Coarsely chop chocolate chunks if
- desired; stir into ice cream. Transfer to freezer containers. Freeze
- for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 289 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.