Skinny Crab Quiche
Crabmeat, zucchini, cheddar cheese and green onions flavor this savory crustless quiche. I take this to potlucks, cut into appetizer-size slices. As a diabetic, I know there will be at least one dish there I can eat guilt-free. —Nancy Romero, Clarkston, Washington
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 can (6 ounces) crab
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- Dash paprika
- In a bowl, combine the crab, cheese, zucchini and onions. Press onto
- the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated
- with cooking spray. In another bowl, combine the egg substitute,
- milk, mustard, salt and lemon-pepper; mix well. Pour into crust.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 223 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber,