Skinny Crab Quiche Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) crab
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- Dash paprika
- 1. In a bowl, combine the crab, cheese, zucchini and onions. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. In another bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk, mustard, salt and lemon-pepper; mix well. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 223 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 736mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Skinny Crab Quiche
"We really liked the flavors of this dish. It ended up taking longer to cook than the directions called for, but it still turned out worth the wait. My son devoured his piece! I followed the recipe, other than the paprika, which I would add next time as it was simply an oversight on my part."
"<p>Delicious! Great flavor for a light dish. I added a little more zucchini and green onions but other wise followed the recipe. Had to cook 3 extra minutes (33 minutes total). Using whole eggs took 7 eggs.</p>"
"Very good! I did bake about 10 minutes longer since I used egg whites. Came out crispy on top and delicious."
"I want to know how many eggs do I use if I don't use an egg substitute ?"
"A+++ Soooooo good!!!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.