Skillet Zucchini Recipe
A dear aunt shared this dish and recipe for our potluck wedding dinner. It's a savory combination of sausage, onions, peppers and zucchini in a tomato-based sauce—delicious!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:24-26 servings
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage , cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 to 10 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage in oil over medium heat until browned. Add the peppers, celery, onion and garlic; saute for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes until zucchini is tender. Yield: 24-26 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 94 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 418 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC