Skillet Zucchini and Sausage Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fully cooked smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 5 medium zucchini, sliced
- 4 to 5 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Herb seasoning blend to taste
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet, lightly brown sausage. Add onion, celery, green pepper, garlic, oregano and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are almost tender. Add zucchini and tomatoes; cook and stir until zucchini is just tender. Sprinkle with seasoning blend. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 130 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Skillet Zucchini and Sausage
"This recipe was a real hit with our family. It was quick and easy too. I did increase the amount of sausage to 1 pound."