I lived on the Oregon coast for 20 years, and during that time I had plenty of guests. I often turned to this dish when folks dropped by because it was easy to make and took little time to prepare. And judging by the requests I received for the recipe, everyone seemed to love it! This dish goes well with skillet corn bread or garlic bread.
Recommended: 25 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fully cooked smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 5 medium zucchini, sliced
- 4 to 5 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Herb seasoning blend to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet, lightly brown sausage. Add onion, celery, green pepper, garlic, oregano and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are almost tender. Add zucchini and tomatoes; cook and stir until zucchini is just tender. Sprinkle with seasoning blend. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Zucchini and Sausage in Reminisce July/August 1993, p51
Reviews for Skillet Zucchini and Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2012
"This recipe was a real hit with our family. It was quick and easy too. I did increase the amount of sausage to 1 pound."