Skillet Zucchini Recipe
A dear aunt shared this dish and recipe for our potluck wedding dinner. It's a savory combination of sausage, onions, peppers and zucchini in a tomato-based saucedelicious!
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage , cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 to 10 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage in oil over medium heat until browned. Add the peppers, celery, onion and garlic; saute for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes until zucchini is tender. Yield: 24-26 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Zucchini in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p36
Reviews for Skillet Zucchini(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2010
It was really good but I would add more kielbasa next time It doesn't make as many servings as it said it does