“Here’s an elegant entree you’ll be proud to serve. It looks like you spent hours, but it’s so simple. I like to add a splash of lemon for a refreshing finishing touch.” —Tammy Diekemper, Marine, Illinois
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked ziti
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Add the garlic, pepper flakes, oregano and remaining salt; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and milk; bring to a boil. Add ziti; cook for 7-8 minutes or until ziti is tender, adding broccoli and red peppers during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Ziti with Chicken and Broccoli in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p30
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Skillet Ziti with Chicken and Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review