Skillet Vegetable Recipe
Since I'm an avid gardener, I always have an abundance of fresh vegetables on hand. This recipe is a wonderful way to serve most any kind of vegetable.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Cook and stir the carrots, onion, cabbage and green pepper for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir about 5 minutes longer or until the vegetables are cooked to desired doneness. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 69 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC