Like Mexican food? Then you’ll love this fast and healthy alternative to traditional tacos from Maria Gobel of Greenfield, Wisconsin. With its Southwestern flair and popular ingredients, it’s a dish you’ll make often.
- 1/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1/4 cup chopped avocado
- Iceberg lettuce wedges and fat-free sour cream, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion and green pepper over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, macaroni, water and picante sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Divide between two plates; top with cheese, tortilla chips and avocado. Serve with lettuce and sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Tacos in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p33
Reviews for Skillet Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review