- 1/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1/4 cup chopped avocado
- Iceberg lettuce wedges and fat-free sour cream, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion and green pepper over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, macaroni, water and picante sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Divide between two plates; top with cheese, tortilla chips and avocado. Serve with lettuce and sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Tacos
Sort By :
The recipe as written was a little bland for me. I added some salt, cumin and chili powder. Pretty good weeknight recipe.
We made this recipe for 8 servings, so I added a packet of taco seasoning to this recipe, and it was delicious! It even tasted better the next day as leftover!
This was an absolutely amazing dish! I was hesitant to make it because of the macaroni noodles, but they compliment the dish well. This is a welcomed healthy version of tacos. My roommate and I loved it and I will definitely make it again!
It was edible but seems to be missing something although I it didnt seem bland. I think it was that the pasta just didnt taste right with the other ingredients. My husband and I ate it.
I doubled the recipe. I thought this was good...nothing special. Was surprised when my husband said he really liked it. Was even more surprised when my 2 year old, who we have trouble getting to eat supper, almost cleaned his plate! I had the leftovers the next day for lunch and it was so much better the next day!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >