CORN BREAD is a staple in the South. Besides serving it with a meal, we use it in many other ways, creating a variety of delicious side dishes. This one makes a perfect accompaniment to chicken. It's simple and fast to prepare and makes the right amount for one or two. -Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 1/2 cup crushed corn bread stuffing or crumbled day-old corn bread
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add the corn bread mixture and seasonings; mix well. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Stuffing in Reminisce Extra October 1998, p47
Reviews for Skillet Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2009
"very good -- I doubled the recipe."