With all of the ingredients cooked in one skillet, this steak dish couldn't be quicker to prepare...or clean up! But the wine and mushroom sauce makes it seem special. Sandra Fisher of Monroe, Washington shared the recipe.
Recommended: 29 Healthy Winter Skillet Meals
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle steak with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook steak to desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), 6-7 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until tender. Stir in wine; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in green onions, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and the remaining salt and pepper. Cut steak in half; serve with mushroom mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Steak Supper in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 46
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Skillet Steak Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2013
"My husband loved the flavor and I loved the ease and the flavor. I will certainly be making this again."