Skillet Steak Supper Recipe
With all of the ingredients cooked in one skillet, this steak dish couldn't be quicker to prepare...or clean up! But the wine and mushroom sauce makes it seem special. Sandra Fisher of Monroe, Washington shared the recipe.
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine or broth to skillet. Stir in the mushrooms, onions, butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, remaining salt if desired and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Serve over steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Steak Supper in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 46
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Skillet Steak Supper(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2013
My husband loved the flavor and I loved the ease and the flavor. I will certainly be making this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >