- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine or broth to skillet. Stir in the mushrooms, onions, butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, remaining salt if desired and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Serve over steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Steak Supper in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 46
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Skillet Steak Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2013
My husband loved the flavor and I loved the ease and the flavor. I will certainly be making this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >