Skillet Steak Fajitas Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the steak in oil. Place steak and drippings in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, seasoning blend, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Add green pepper and onion; cover and cook for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Warm tortillas according to package directions; spoon beef and vegetables down the center of tortillas. Top each with cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Fold in sides of tortillas and serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 313 calories, 10g fat (0g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Skillet Steak Fajitas
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.