When friends call to ask me for a new recipe to try, I often suggest these flavorful fajitas. Just put the beef in the slow cooker before church and come home to a hot delicious main dish.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the steak in oil. Place steak and drippings in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, seasoning blend, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add green pepper and onion; cover and cook for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions; spoon beef and vegetables down the center of tortillas. Top each with cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Fold in sides of tortillas and serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fabulous Fajitas in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p118
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Skillet Steak Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review