Skillet Steak and Corn Recipe
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup red wine or beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) Mexicorn, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet cook the steak, onion and thyme over medium-high heat in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add wine; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated. Stir in tomatoes; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer. Add corn and heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Skillet Steak and Corn
Sort By :
I tried this years ago when the recipe was first printed. My family LOVES this. We'll add an extra can of tomatoes and its still delicious.
Quick, simple, easy and tasty. I make this regularly.
Meat nice and tender, flavors subtle...we thought it was fine, just didn't think it was anything special. I also thought it was better without the rice.
one of my favorite recipes of all time .