Skillet Squash and Potatoes
MY NIECE suggested I try cooking squash and potatoes together. I found that potatoes really do enhance the flavor of squash.
I made up this recipe, and it turned out to be a keeper—a great side dish for any entree and a complement to other vegetables as well.
2 ServingsPrep/Ttotal Time: 30 min.
- 1 small potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- In a large skillet, saute potato and onion in oil until crisp-tender.
- Add squash; saute 4-6 minutes longer or until the vegetables are
- tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and
- paprika. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 143 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.