Skillet Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups water
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) tomato juice (about 2-3/4 cups)
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomato juice, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Add uncooked spaghetti.
- 2. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the spaghetti is tender, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 288 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 979 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Spaghetti
"It was FUN to make all in one dish. It needed more of a tomato/spaghetti zip, I use splenda and I may have added too much sugar, seemed too sweet. Next time I will omit the sugar, and maybe try some "home-canned" tomatoes in it."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.