Her fish stories have a delicious ending when Marceil Conley has these fish fillets simmering in the skillet. "The mild-tasting fish is perfectly seasoned by the tomato juice, green pepper, onion and herbs," she writes from Warsaw, Indians.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound sole or flounder fillets
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion
- and green pepper until tender. Stir in the tomato juice, parsley,
- salt and oregano. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Add
- fillets. Cover and cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 136 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.