- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, peas, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch, bouillon and water until well blended; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and heat through (do not boil).
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
"Really enjoyed this recipe,and my family loved it. Thank's for sharing. LeeAnn Treacher"
"This is a great and easy recipe, my husband has me freeze what is left, so when he gets the urge defrost and heat, does this well."
"I have not yet prepared this dish, but just by reading the ingredients and the instructions, it sounds very easy to make, and also very tasty. It's now on my 'Must Try' list of recipes. I'll add in some saut?ed mushrooms, since my family and I like them. Otherwise, this dish sounds terrific to me, and I can't wait to make it."
"This was very easy to put together - from start to finish 35 minutes. Substitutions: Instead of frozen corn I used a can of yellow/white corn which I drained, omitted the peas as my boyfriend does not care for peas, browned the hamburger with the onion & garlic and used Johnny's seasoning salt on the meat. For the mashed potatoes I used a package of Idahoan Bacon with Cheese mashed potatoes adding about 1/4 c. extra water. Then right before serving I put it under the broiler to get the cheese browned. My boyfriend said "it's a keeper"."