Skillet Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, peas, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch, bouillon and water until well blended; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and heat through (do not boil).
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
I read the reviews and had to try it myself! Easy and super delicious! Only used 1/2 c. peas and 1/2 c. corn. As a matter of fact, my son and daughter-in-law insisted on taking home the leftovers! Will definitely make again!
This was VERY good! My husband loved it. Used two cans of mixed veggies that I had on hand and added extra beef broth to make a bit more sauce. Absolutely outstanding. This will be my go-to meal for families that need a meal from church. Other reviews have said it freezes well, so I'm hoping to make up several and have them on hand! Thank you.
Excellent fall comfort food. Because I was in a hurry I used store bought mashed potatoes. I definitely will make this again.
I made this recipe exactly as written and it was delicious. Very simple too. I served with warm French bread and a salad. Yummy dinner.
If you add an egg to the potatoes, they wil get crispy golden brown on the top. French fries onion rings during the last 5 minutes. YUMMY.