- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, peas, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch, bouillon and water until well blended; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and heat through (do not boil).
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
"OMG !!! I have tried various recipes, for Shepherd's Pie.... It never came out to be very tasteful .... This recipe is by far the best. This is the way I will forever make it now. I changed it up just a little bit.....used canned corn instead, no peas ...because I don't like them."
"Made this last night pretty much as it says. I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream.Turned out really good. Nice flavour. I will be making this again especially in the summer when you don't want to turn your oven on but you need a hot meal."
"OMG this is really good and quick! Love being able to make it all in one skillet! I changed a few things up... I used beef stock instead of water. Added some carrots too! I used instant mashed taters and doctored them up with butter! 5 stars"
"First time making Shepherd's Pie and was a little leery if my husband would like it, since he's not big on mashed potatoes. I did make a change and used frozen mixed vegetables since they were needing to be used up and did not use as much onions. Other wise followed the recipe as follows. It was "DELICIOUS" and we will enjoy the leftovers as well. Thanks for sharing the recipe...it's a keeper!"
"I don't agree with the majority of these reviews. I followed the recipe exactly with the exception of adding extra onions and an additional 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese on top--neither of which should detract from the flavor, quite the opposite in fact. I found it rather bland and neither of my two men asked for seconds. Right now my husband is eating a peanut butter & jelly sandwich instead. My son described it as "OK." For me it's not to be repeated. Hope I can get someone to eat the leftovers."