- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, peas, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch, bouillon and water until well blended; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and heat through (do not boil).
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
"This was a quick and delicious recipe! The flavors blended well. We loved it, and will definately make it again!"
"I read the reviews and had to try it myself! Easy and super delicious! Only used 1/2 c. peas and 1/2 c. corn. As a matter of fact, my son and daughter-in-law insisted on taking home the leftovers! Will definitely make again!"
"This was VERY good! My husband loved it. Used two cans of mixed veggies that I had on hand and added extra beef broth to make a bit more sauce. Absolutely outstanding. This will be my go-to meal for families that need a meal from church. Other reviews have said it freezes well, so I'm hoping to make up several and have them on hand! Thank you."
"Excellent fall comfort food. Because I was in a hurry I used store bought mashed potatoes. I definitely will make this again."
"I made this recipe exactly as written and it was delicious. Very simple too. I served with warm French bread and a salad. Yummy dinner."