Skillet Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, peas, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch, bouillon and water until well blended; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and heat through (do not boil).
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
"I just made this. As a matter of fact, I have my empty bowl sitting in front of me. Still more on the stove. Well, anyway, I made the mashed potatoes from instant. I could have easily doubled the amount called for in the recipe. Probably not if you use real potatoes. I used canned veggies to skip the thawing. Any way you make this dish it will turn out great! Gotta go, seconds are calling my name..."
"Nothing fancy, but fine for a simple meal."
"Pretty good, but make sure to use a 12" skillet. I also recommend changing the last step. I used a cast iron skillet, & after adding the cheese, I put it under the broiler for a couple of minutes."
"This was quick and easy. I also didn't realize the vegi's had to be thawed and threw them in frozen, still came out great. Everyone loved it! I will definitely be making this again!"
"OMG !!! I have tried various recipes, for Shepherd's Pie.... It never came out to be very tasteful .... This recipe is by far the best. This is the way I will forever make it now. I changed it up just a little bit.....used canned corn instead, no peas ...because I don't like them."