Skillet Shepherd's Pie Recipe
This is the best shepherd's pie I've ever tasted. It's very quick to make, and I usually have most—if not all—of the ingredients already on hand. Serve with fruit, it's a complete meal. —Tirzah Sandt, San Diego, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, peas, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch, bouillon and water until well blended; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and heat through (do not boil).
- 3. Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 448 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 781 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC