Skillet Shepherd's Pie For 2
Leftover mashed potatoes? Add them to a few pantry staples and you'll have warm comfort food in no time!
—Sharon Tipton, Orlando, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes, warmed
- In an ovenproof skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning; heat through. Stir in 1/2 cup
- Combine potatoes and remaining cheese; spread over beef. Broil 4-6
- in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 783 calories, 45 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 1,780 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 51 g protein.