Skillet Seasoned Rice
I recently put together a special cookbook for folks who cook for themselves. One of my favorite recipes inside the book is this nicely seasoned rice.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 green onion with top, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried tarragon, thyme, basil, parsley flakes and pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a small saucepan, cook rice and onion in butter until onion is
- tender. Add the seasonings; cook for 1 minute. Add broth; bring to a
- boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed
- and rice is tender. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: 1 recipe equals 284 calories, 129 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 39 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 12 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.