Skillet Sea Scallops Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs with salt. Dip scallops in crumb mixture to coat both sides, patting to help coating adhere.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Add wine, lemon juice and garlic to same pan; bring to a boil. Stir in parsley; drizzle over scallops. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
3 scallops equals 249 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.