Skillet Sea Scallops
You'll want to slip this recipe into the front of your last-minute guests file. Pasta and mixed greens nicely complement the tender, citrusy shellfish.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and salt. Add
- scallops, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown scallops in butter
- and oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until firm and
- opaque. Remove and keep warm. Add the wine, lemon juice, parsley and
- garlic to the skillet; bring to a boil. Pour over scallops. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 scallops equals 249 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.