"When we have baked potatoes for dinner, I often bake a few extra to use for this hearty breakfast," writes Linda Wakefield from her home in Mulino, Oregon. "This recipe is so versatile that you can always use up whatever leftovers you have on hand."
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large potatoes, baked and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder and seasoned salt
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes, green pepper and onion in
- oil. Stir in the onion powder, garlic powder and seasoned salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ham, water, salsa, salt and
- pepper. Add to the potato mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat
- until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese; cook 2 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 258 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 235 mg cholesterol, 751 mg sodium,