Skillet Scramble Recipe
"When we have baked potatoes for dinner, I often bake a few extra to use for this hearty breakfast," writes Linda Wakefield from her home in Mulino, Oregon. "This recipe is so versatile that you can always use up whatever leftovers you have on hand."
- 2 large potatoes, baked and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder and seasoned salt
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes, green pepper and onion in oil. Stir in the onion powder, garlic powder and seasoned salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ham, water, salsa, salt and pepper. Add to the potato mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese; cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Scramble in Quick Cooking March/April 2003
Reviews for Skillet Scramble(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review