Our garden is a big inspiration when I'm cooking. This recipe turns produce from my husband's potato patch into a side dish we want to eat at every meal. —Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound small red potatoes, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add potatoes and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Scalloped Potatoes in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Reviews for Skillet Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review