- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound small red potatoes, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add potatoes and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Scalloped Potatoes
"I made this as written, except that I added ham also. My kids said that it was the best ham and scalloped potatoes that I have made!"
"Made this tonight. I added chopped fresh spinach while cooking then added green onion on top while melting the cheese. Was delicious and will definitely make again!"
"Tastes good, but there is way too much liquid. I thought it would cook down, but didn't; I also thought that maybe it would thicken as it cooled, but it didn't do that either. I'll have to play with the recipe to get it to the right consistency. The potatoes were perfectly tender though."
"quick and easy. I did not have red potatoes but used 3 medium russets and it turned out fine. Will definitely make again."