Skillet Sausage Stuffing Recipe
I dressed up a package of stuffing mix with pork sausage, mushrooms, celery and onion to make this stuffing. It impressed my in-laws at a family gathering and has since become a popular side dish with my husband and children. —Jennifer Lynn Cullen, Taylor, Michigan
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/4 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer; drain. Stir in broth and sage.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 219 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC