Skillet Sausage Stuffing Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/4 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer; drain. Stir in broth and sage.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Sausage Stuffing
Sort By :
Everyone liked this stuffing that I served with our Mother's Day dinner.
I Tried out this Recipe for Thanksgiving this Year. However, After sauteing the sausage, onions, mushrooms, garlic & sage, I then added a little Pinoit Noir, actually (Pinoit Evil) for a wonderful dash of taste. Then followed through with the rest of the Recipe. It was Delicious!... ; )
I used a roll of hot, spicy sausage and a box of sage stuffing mix. I generally dislike stuffing or dressing, and have been known to call it "wet bread". My husband and I both liked this recipe, and decided it was a "keeper".
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Sausage Stuffing >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >