- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1-1/4 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer; drain. Stir in broth and sage.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Skillet Sausage Stuffing
Sort By :
"This is delicious. I used hot sausage because that's what I had on hand. It's so easy to make. The second time I made it I used it as a stuffing for large mushrooms. They disappeared rapidly."
"Everyone liked this stuffing that I served with our Mother's Day dinner."
"I Tried out this Recipe for Thanksgiving this Year. However, After sauteing the sausage, onions, mushrooms, garlic & sage, I then added a little Pinoit Noir, actually (Pinoit Evil) for a wonderful dash of taste. Then followed through with the rest of the Recipe. It was Delicious!... ; )"
"I used a roll of hot, spicy sausage and a box of sage stuffing mix. I generally dislike stuffing or dressing, and have been known to call it "wet bread". My husband and I both liked this recipe, and decided it was a "keeper"."