- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- In a 9-in. ovenproof skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In another bowl, beat egg and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in sausage and reserved drippings. Return to skillet.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Sausage Corn Bread in Best of Country Breads 2000, p32
Reviews for Skillet Sausage Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2012
This was delicious, although a little dry. My kids put pancake syrup on it and went back for seconds and thirds. Yummy!