- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450°. Grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with 1 teaspoon oil. Arrange lemon slices in a single layer in skillet.
- Combine 1 teaspoon oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, lemon peel, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; rub over chicken. Place over lemon.
- In a large bowl, combine rosemary and the remaining oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and tomatoes; toss to coat. Arrange over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
Sort By :
"We really liked this, especially the lemon flavor."
"Very good! I liked the pronounced lemon flavor with the rosemary! I used halved small red potatoes instead of fingerlings. I used a very coarsely chopped fresh tomato instead of cherry tomatoes. Use what you have! Mine took closer to an hour to finish the chicken. I sprayed olive oil with my Misto about half way through when all was looking a bit dry. Couldn't be easier! This is going to FB!"
"This was good, will use less lemon. I had to cook an extra 15 minutes longer (not covered) and this was probably because my cast iron skillet is huge. Very yummy and everyone liked. Their only comment was it was very lemony."
"Ive made this recipe SEVERAL times and it is amazing! I omit the tomatoes because no one in my house eats them. It is definately a staple meal in my house now!"