Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken with Potatoes Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Grease a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with 1 teaspoon oil. Arrange lemon slices in a single layer in skillet.
- 2. Combine 1 teaspoon oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, lemon peel, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; rub over chicken. Place over lemon.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine rosemary and the remaining oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and tomatoes; toss to coat. Arrange over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
2 chicken thighs with 4 ounces potatoes and 2 tomatoes equals 446 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Reviews for Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.