Skillet Red Potatoes
WHEN I'm in a hurry to prepare potatoes, I resort to this recipe that I created myself. The mix of seasonings is just right and makes a delicious, attractive side dish.
It's been a family favorite for a long time and fits with most any meal.
-Lois Collier, Vineland, New Jersey
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium red potatoes, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook for 10
- minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook
- and stir 5 minutes longer or until potatoes are browned and tender.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 205 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.