Lean ground turkey keeps these burgers light, while jalapenos and ranch dressing mix add great flavor. —Debra Justice, Moody, Texas
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ranch salad dressing mix
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion. Combine sour cream and dressing mix; spoon over burgers. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Ranch Burgers in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p29
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Skillet Ranch Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review