- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ranch salad dressing mix
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion. Combine sour cream and dressing mix; spoon over burgers. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Skillet Ranch Burgers
"I only make turkey burgers and I only make them on the stove (I don't own a grill). I thought these burgers were great. I left out the jalape?os and hot sauce and didn't make the sauce. I also ate my burger in a wrap instead of on a bun. I will definitely make these again!"
"We really like ground turkey and with the jalapenos this burger is a keeper."
"For those that find the sodium content too high, you can make your own dry ranch mix from scratch and control that instead of using a pre-packaged mix, and for those who rated the recipe low because they are beef eaters instead of turkey eaters, you are doing other readers a disservice by rating a recipe on an ingredient rather on the recipe itself. If you don't like turkey, didn't try the recipe with turkey, then don't rate the recipe."
"I am far from healthy. So I decided to use beef that's 80% lean. And I kept the seeds in my Jalipeno's. Mmmmm. Delicioso as the Italians say"
"I # 1 would not make this with turkey burger. We are RANCHERS thus making us BEEF raisers and therefore don't like the RAP we get for not being healthy. Actually BEEF is ok if you choose a lean beef. And there is lots out there."