Skillet Potatoes Recipe
These savory, seasoned skillet potatoes with mushrooms come from Mary Relyea in Canastota, New York and make a hearty, versatile side dish with all kinds of meats. “They’re so satisfying,” says Mary, “you could even serve them as a meatless meal with a tossed salad.” Or for breakfast!
- 1 large baking potato, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the red pepper, celery and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in the potato, paprika, salt and pepper; cook until lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 194 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Skillet Potatoes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC