Skillet Potatoes Recipe
These savory, seasoned skillet potatoes with mushrooms come from Mary Relyea in Canastota, New York and make a hearty, versatile side dish with all kinds of meats. “They’re so satisfying,” says Mary, “you could even serve them as a meatless meal with a tossed salad.” Or for breakfast!
- 1 large baking potato, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the red pepper, celery and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in the potato, paprika, salt and pepper; cook until lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Skillet Potatoes in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p47
Reviews for Skillet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2011
Absolutely great-quick and easy!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >