Skillet Potato Medley
The pretty potatoes I had just harvested from my garden inspired me to mix them up for dinner. The results: a wonderful side dish. —Lori Merrick, Danvers, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 medium red potatoes (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 small purple potatoes (about 1/2 pound)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut Yukon Gold, red and purple potatoes into 1/4-in. cubes. In a
- large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add cubed
- potatoes; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Peel and cut sweet potato into 1/4-in. cubes; add to skillet. Add
- remaining ingredients; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until potatoes
- are tender. Yield: 8 servings.