Skillet Pork Chops Recipe
We enjoyed this main dish while visiting our son and his family. It was so tasty I got the recipe from my daughter-in-law, Sandy.—June Formanek, Belle Plaine, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops ( 1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops on both sides in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add onion; cook until tender. Pour broth over chops; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12-16 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- 2. Remove chops and keep warm. Stir jelly and ginger into broth. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC