Skillet Pork Chops
We enjoyed this main dish while visiting our son and his family. It was so tasty I got the recipe from my daughter-in-law, Sandy.June Formanek, Belle Plaine, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops ( 1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops on both sides
- in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add onion; cook until
- tender. Pour broth over chops; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer 12-16 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Stir jelly and ginger into broth. Combine
- cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to broth. Bring to
- a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with
- pork chops and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.